David has been a member of the Liberal Party of Canada for 23 years and worked on numerous federal Liberal campaigns between 1993 and 2015 across Western Canada. For the past 10 years, he has lived in Vancouver where he is Executive Director of a British Columbia health care association and Policy Chair for the Liberal Party of Canada (BC).
David has over 20 years of experience working in senior roles with federal, provincial and municipal governments, crown corporations, media, non-profit organizations and a top-ranked global university. He has served as an advisor to previous federal Ministers of Industry, Health, Infrastructure, Transport, Revenue, Fisheries and Oceans.
David is a loyal, creative, passionate, leader with an extensive network across Canada. He specializes in project management, strategic planning, as well as stakeholder and public relations. Over his career, David has demonstrated a proven ability to get results for a diverse range of national, provincial and local organizations. This work has included a focus on:
- Conceptualizing and constructing regional and national infrastructure programs
- Introducing regulatory frameworks for the use of marijuana for medical purposes and natural health products
- Implementing Canada’s first safe injection site and supporting Vancouver’s groundbreaking “Four Pillars” drug strategy
- Developing policy frameworks for Canada’s national health care system
- Strengthening community living services in British Columbia for adults with developmental disabilities, Autism and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Improving the quality and safety of senior’s care in British Columbia
- Overseeing flood protection within Manitoba’s Red River Valley
- Advancing the cause of Pacific Salmon conservation
Countdown to #Wpg2016